[Samba] A solution to my problem?

John Simovic jsimovic at rydesc-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
Fri May 9 02:24:12 GMT 2003

Sorry for the lengthy question but here goes:

I have a Windows 2000 Active directory and have managed to get winbind authentication working. However the users home drives are on the windows box. (users will access them using linux and windows). Tried pam_mount but had no luck, probably I am not setting it up correctly. My question is this; Can i install samba 3 alpha 22 on a linux box and have it act as a member server in the domain, transfer all user home drives to the samba member server and have linux and windows users using the home directories on linux?

Regards