[Samba] Server Secret goes bad

Mark Pelkoski mpelkoski at buympc.com
Thu May 8 20:01:55 GMT 2003

Group,
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
I am running samba-2.2.8a on RH 9.0. Periodically, the server secret
password goes bad. By joining the AD domain again and bouncing the smb
and winbind services makes it good again. My question is, what is the
secret to getting this stable enough to were the secret never goes bad?
Is there a way to automatically check or actively change the secret
password in order for the NTLM authentication process does not stop
working? I plan on implementing this serving into a high production
environment. This instability is simply not acceptable. Any and all help
is appreciated. Thanks,

Mark Pelkoski