[Samba] Replacing WinNT 4 PDC with Samba PDC

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Thu May 8 18:35:03 GMT 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003 14:07:43 -0400 , "Collins, Kevin"
<KCollins at nesbittengineering.com> wrote:

>I've been trying for about 3 hours to build Samba from the Source RPM that
>RedHat supplies with RedHat 8.0.  Everytime I build the RPM it fails during
>the compile of SAMBA with:  "--with-ldapsam   Command not found."

>Modified the "/usr/src/redhat/SPEC/samba.spec" file to include the line
>"--with-ldapsam" at the end of the configure options.  I go to build the RPM

It would have helped if you:
1) had copied and pasted what you modified in the spec file
2) had used a better quoting strategy, not the MS one :-)

As for 1), maybe you had something like

--with-stuff1 \
--with-stuff2

and you changed it to

--with-stuff1 \
--with-stuff2
--with-ldapsam

you forgot to add a \ at the end of the above line (no spaced after \).

--with-stuff1 \
--with-stuff2  \
--with-ldapsam

giulioo at pobox.com