[Samba] Slow login on SAMBA 3.0-alpha23 PDC - Please Help!

Breton M. Saunders b.saunders at inpharmatica.co.uk
Thu May 8 15:49:29 GMT 2003

Guys,

  I'm running into some trouble running samba as a PDC, and need some help.

  Whenever my users attempt to log onto the domain their log on process is
extremely slow.  The client computers are all windows 2000, service pack 2 or
3, and windows seems to take ages starting up sys-tray programs.

  I think that netbios is working correctly, and file service is reasonably
snappy, so I don't really suspect a netbios problem.

  One potential problem is that my PDC is not the file server.  The PDC NFS
mounts the user home directories off of another file server - could this pose
a problem?

  Any help debugging this problem would be greatly appreciated - and solving
the problem would save me from the wrath of having to install a W2K PDC.

	Cheers,

		-Brett