[Samba] Samba Installation help for a domain

Ashish Garg Ashish.Garg at sfcsystems.com
Thu May 8 07:04:56 GMT 2003

HI Guys,

	I need some help regarding Samba Installation for a domain. My Windows 2000 clients connect to a paricular doamin. My Samba servers are up and running on Unix machine.I browsed a lot how to put domain in place of a workstation. Right now in the smb.conf file I have given the domian name itself. But surprisingly I don't find my Samba server shares in the network neighbourhood of client machinee..

	          My doubts:

	          1.      Once my Samba daemons are up , should samba share be directly visible in Network neigh bourhood of client machine( Considering All TCP and network related settings are ok)

	         2. What i feel is theshare should be visible and check for same workgroup or domain should be performed when we try to connect ?

	To be very frank I am novice and having my hands on Samba first time.

	Thankx in advance for any useful help.

	rgfd
	ashish