[Samba] winbind

ianux ianux at free.fr
Wed May 7 15:40:47 GMT 2003

Le Wed, 7 May 2003 16:05:39 +0200 (CEST)
chris Bouchet <duc_zergouille at yahoo.fr> écrivait :

> hello users!
>
> thanx ianux :-)
>
> i've installed winbind aon my linux computer and i
> have a win 2k server.
> i've succeed to insert the linux box into the ad
>
> but when i try getent passwd on the linux, i have only
> the local users ....
>
> how can i do if i want that my domain win 2k users
> can open a session on linux ..... ?
> (does someone have a good doc on winbind, how it works
> etx ... ?)

did you modified /etc/nsswitch.conf
it must look likes this :
passwd:		db files winbind
group:		db files winbind

shadow: db files

don't forget to copy /samba-src-path/source/nssswitch/libnss_winbind.so
in /usr/lib (for example) and link it to libnss_winbind.so.2 (ln -s
/usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 ) and update
library path by typing ldconfig