[Samba] Oplock problem

Boogerman boogerman at interar.com.ar
Wed May 7 03:06:48 GMT 2003

Then, come to think of it, this oplock thing is dangerous (except for
read-only files). Even with good clients (bug free), this could still fail
in case of a network error or something.

I guess I will just disable oplocks (or else this will trouble my sleep).

I still wonder why M$ designed this mechanism if it was to bring such
problems. Furthermore, is there any way to implement failproof oplocks (not
over SMB, but in general)?

Regards,

Gaston Dassieu Blanchet
boogerman at interar.com.ar