[Samba] SMB via SSH on XP

Chris Nolan chris at itoperations.com.au
Tue May 6 16:20:53 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I've read the docs, tried setting it up but to now avail - I can't get
SMB via SSH to work!

Here's the scenario:

* There is a Windows XP client box at my home. It can SSH to the SSH
server with no problem
* The SSH server can mount shares on the Samba box
* Telnetting to port 139 on the Windows XP box after setting up the
tunnel registers as an ESTABLISHED connection on the Samba box
* I have tried 2 different SSH clients for Windows and gotten no where
* I've had to disable loads of stuff under Windows XP just to get port
139 available to be bound

Has anyone gotten this working? The docs on this are incredibly light on
details!

Thanks in advance!

Chris