[Samba] Re: samba and windows 2000 server

ipguy ipguy at optushome.com.au
Tue May 6 10:51:47 GMT 2003

Ok, I've looked through the documentation and it suggests that the user
needs a UNIX account on the samba server (with a hashed out password) before
the password=server option will work.... so the "password=server" will not
work the way "Thiruvarasu" needs it to work... he still needs to create UNIX
accounts even though the PDC will do the authenticating...

no go....

news:b3ehkk$h51$1 at main.gmane.org...