[Samba] RE: redhat linux 9.0 & samba/swat

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue May 6 04:21:53 GMT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Anthony Watters wrote:

> Since I have Samba working already, is there a way to install just SWAT? ie;
> *.tar.gz file?

No need if you have already installed the SWAT RPM.

> I did also try and re-install the RPM file samba-swat-2.2.7a.9.0.i386.rpm
> using the rpm manager. it seemed to take 5 seconds, so I am not sure what
> really occurred other than SWAT still does not work and Samba does.

What is the output of:

	rpm -ql samba-swat

> Samba and SWAT files are in natural locations where the Linux 9.0 Installer
> placed them.

Please explain what this means.

What is the output of:

	strings /usr/sbin/swat | grep swat

> both services appear to be running checking ps -ef and by using the gnome
> 'services' menu item

SWAT does not run as a daemon

> by the way the /etc/xinetd.d/swat file did not originally exist, I created
> it and used the recommended settings, and restarted xinetd daemon.

Did you do this BEFORE or AFTER installation of the samba-swat RPM?

> still no luck

Will get better.

- John T.

--