[Samba] subdir problems with 2.5.69 and samba 3.x

Ed Sweetman ed.sweetman at wmich.edu
Tue May 6 00:50:59 GMT 2003

I've tried both the debian devel and cvs pulls of samba and upon
upgrading my kernel to 2.5.69 samba no longer allowed access to
subdirectories of my shares.  Windows gives the error "Directory does
not exist" yet all files in the share directory in the directory
supplied by "path" are accessible.  This is even true for guest only
services with share security so I'm not sure what's going on here.  The
subdirectories are not symlinks and the permissions are world readable
world searchable. Is anyone else having this problem or has this
occurred before so someone can point out what i'm doing wrong.  I'm not
subscribed to the list so cc all replies and i can supply any further
info required.

This all worked prior to the kernel upgrade and samba was not changed.