[Samba] How 'accurate' is time sync on the samba server?

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Mon May 5 23:17:11 GMT 2003

Just as the subject states, how close and accurate can time synchronization
be with Samba as a PDC and Windows Clients connecting to the PDC with net time?

I have setup a logon script, so when all Win2k clients connect to the PDC,
they will receive the logon script and use the PDC as their time server.

What I have noticed in my testing is that it is not entirely 100% accurate?
For example, I noticed about a 35 second difference  between the PDC and a
test client.

I have set time server =yes
I set the script to be:

net time \\sambatest /set /yes

I made sure the logon.bat file is a MS-DOS style file.

Thoughts?

Jason