[Samba] Print Server

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon May 5 22:23:26 GMT 2003

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org wrote on Samba-Digest:

> Mon May 5 17:51:44 GMT 2003
>

> Scott,
>
> The following may help you a bit:
>
> 	http://samba.org/~jht/NT4migration/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

This has still most the *old* version of the printing docu included, and
hardly anything from the new stuff. Believe me, the new stuff is *much*
better, more complete and spiced with more examples.

> Enjoy!
>
> PS: This is a work in progress and it is being added to/editted on a daily
> basis until Samba-3 ships. The printing information applies to
> samba-2.2.8a (current stable version) also.

Hey, John....

... you are selling sour lemons here...  ;-)

No, the *current* development state of the printing HOWTO chapter is
hosted on

   http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/SambaPrintHOWTO/

(This is only temporarily until it is converted from HTML to Docbook/XML.
Then it will go into the document John named. I hope this will be within
the next 2 weeks or sooner.) Though it says it is for Samba 3.0, *most*
things apply to Samba-2.2.x...

Cheers,
Kurt