[Samba] Anybody successfuly using pam_mount or pam_smbmount?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Mon May 5 21:33:01 GMT 2003

> Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 07:49:10 +1000
> From: "John Simovic" <jsimovic at rydesc-h.schools.nsw.edu.au>
> To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
> Subject: [Samba] Anybody successfuly using pam_mount or pam_smbmount?
<CB5DFC3826CDAA48A8FA15A9E83D47131CEB4F at mail.rydesc-h.schools.nsw.edu.au>
> Message: 3

I maintain pam_mount in Mandrake contribs, andit works for me (in an
LDAP-authenticated network with Samba PDC on LDAP backend , mounting a
member Samba server. Last time I tested using it inside a stacked (ie
/etc/pam.d/system-auth) pam config, it did not work, but it works fine in
individual pam files (I leave mine in /etc/pam.d/login for testing).

Maybe you want to tell us more about your environment?

> privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
> are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.

Well, I'm not the intended recipient, but I don't want to delete this mail
along with the rest of the archive, and I hope this is enough of a
notification ...

(IOW, please think about the value of this disclaimer, you wasted more
bandwidth on it than on your questio).