[Samba] Samba and Actionlaser 1500

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon May 5 18:31:16 GMT 2003

I have one working fine with RH 7.3, Linus kernel 2.4.20, Samba 2.2.7a,
but am using LPRng, not CUPS.  I believe I set it to use the
ActionLaser 1100 or the HP Laserjet III driver, will have to ssh in and
check which.  I use it as my main network printer, and it works great
with all the Windoze and Linux boxen on two networks.

HTH...Bob

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Has anyone gotten this printer to work with Redhat/Samba?
> My system is RH 7.2 , Kernel 2.4.20, samba 1.2.7a.
> Sometimes, VIA CUPS, it will print a test sheet, but I cant seem to get it
> to work locally with a raw queue.
> I've tried Foomatic but it just messed up my printer database so I
> reinstalled printconf,
> Linuxprinter.org says it is partially compatible with the omni driver, which
> I have installed, with no results or error messages In /var/log/messages or
> //var/log/cups/error_log.
> SO if anyone has any tips on how to get this printer working on a Linux
> server with windows 98 clients (with the proper drivers) please let me know
> what you did.
>
> Thanks,
> Kev

http://www.malibyte.net

"The waiting is the hardest part." - T. Petty