[Samba] Print Server

Scott Swaim scott at qualitycorps.com
Mon May 5 16:33:54 GMT 2003

A friend of mine owns a print shop.  He has 3 Lanier printers (models 2138, 5265, 5813) They are all LAN attached.  I would like to set up a samba print server for these machines.  I have used samba as strictly a PDC and file server.  I have nerver set up a printer in Linux or in Samba.  I would like to be pointed in the right direction in order to set this up.  Thanks in advanced for any information.

I have a custom built distribution on this system.  I can install any printing solution (LPR, CUPOS, etc) that would be needed.  I would like to know some of the advantages of each system.  The Lanier systems support PS, PCL 5, and their own custom protocol.  I will be printing from a W2k machine that is joined to a samba PDC.  the serving I would like to set up would also be joined to this PDC.

Scott Swaim
scott at qualitycorps.com