[Samba] Samba - User Authentication

Leonardo Rodríguez leonardorleon at cantv.net
Mon May 5 11:52:16 GMT 2003

Hi Clint,

I'm back again, as I told you here you are my smb.conf

[global]
   workgroup = MCSE
   server string = Samba Server
   netbios name = redhatcus
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes
   printing = lprng
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 10
   log level = 1
   security = domain
   password server = win2k1
   winbind separator = +
   winbind uid = 10000-20000
   winbind gid = 10000-20000
   winbind cache time = 15
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   template homedir = /home/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
   winbind use default domain = yes
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
   pam password change = yes
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   remote browse sync = 192.168.58.255 9.177.255.255
   remote announce = 192.168.58.255 9.177.255.255
   local master = no
   wins server = 192.168.58.103
   name resolve order = wins lmhosts host bcast
   dns proxy = no
  preserve case = no
  short preserve case = no
  default case = lower
  case sensitive = no

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   valid users = %D+%S
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775

[Test]
   comment = Shared Folder
   path = /Test
   valid users = Administrator lrodrigu
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   create mask = 0775

--------end of file-----------------

When I run testparm I get a message related with the winbind separator like
this:

[root at redhatcus samba]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[Test]"
Loaded services file OK.
'winbind separator = +' might cause problems with group membership.

Is there something wrong with that? Could it cause some problem?

I hope this can help you to figure this out.....

Thanks...