[Samba] A Group Policy Question in Win9x (yes, another one).

Nathan poohsfriend at myeastern.com
Fri May 2 21:32:04 GMT 2003

    I am wondering if anyone has ever answered the question of group policy operability under Windows 9x.  That is, I am _not_ looking for a work-around but the real thing--one config.pol file to service several groups.
    I have done my homework, hopefully well, but found nothing.  To prove this, I will quickly summarize my findings below.  Either I have found:

1. a list of unresolved (mostly unreplied as well) inquiries from the past including some from Sept, Oct, and Dec of 1999, along with the latest inquiry dated July 2002, and others as well. (These were from the SAMBA Mailing List.)

or

2. a work-around.

    Please let me know if any version <3.0 correctly supports group policies for Win9x machines.

Thank-you,
Nathan Howard