[Samba] Re: valid users list file

Gary Heitman gheitman at midlandcorp.com
Fri May 2 15:16:39 GMT 2003

You could use a group, I believe ?

valid users (S)

     This is a list of users that should be allowed to login to this
service. Names starting with '@', '+' and '&' are interpreted using the
same rules as described in the invalid users parameter.

     If this is empty (the default) then any user can login. If a
username is in both this list and the invalid users list then access is
denied for that user.

     The current servicename is substituted for %S . This is useful in
the [homes] section.

     See also invalid users

     Default: No valid users list (anyone can login)

Example: valid users = greg, @pcusers

Good luck,
gary