[Samba] Roaming Profiles: Advantages and disadvantages?

Jim Wharton jwharton at acpafl.org
Fri May 2 11:52:56 GMT 2003

I have a similar situation here. For most of my people, I use normal
profiles. But there are about 6 members of my customer service department
that need to move around. They don't handle change very well. If someone
moves their icons around, they are dead in the water. If Outlook doesn't
launch at startup, they call the helpdesk and say their email isn't working.

Ever since I switched them to roaming profiles, they have been happy. I
redirect their Documents to their home share to keep the profiles small.

Jim