[Samba] Questions on Roaming Profiles

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Thu May 1 20:37:28 GMT 2003

If I may ask a couple more questions here.

So far, I'm not having any luck with getting Roaming Profiles to work
correctly. What I have done is added two machines to the Domain and into
the PDC. One of the machines had a test account that I was using, which I
purposely populated the desktop with icons, folders and documents. I then
added this particular computer to the domain successfully. I rebooted the
computer and then proceeded to log in. What I noticed is that only part of
the stuff that was on my desktop from the local profile, showed up in the
new, 'Roaming Profile.'

I then proceeded to try and log in with the same test account on a
different machine, in hopes of seeing if my profile was saved the to PDC,
then uploaded to the second machine. No luck here either.

Obivously, I am missing something. :) I have read through the documentation
provided as well as the Oreilly USING SAMBA book, 2nd edition.

Any ideas on where I can look?

Thanks everyone.

Jason