[Samba] BUG report: smbclient

mark lists at xinot.net
Mon Mar 31 19:01:09 GMT 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:21:50 +0000 (GMT)
John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org> wrote:

> Did you restart dhcpd and then did you reboot the WinXP machine?
>
> Suggest you use Ethereal to capture the WinXP startup to see if it
> sends the WINS server the correct name registration requests. If your
> WINS server does not have all three entries your name resolution for
> the WinXP client is broken.
>
> - John T.
> --
> John H Terpstra
> Email: jht at samba.org

John,
I did restart dhcpd and I had by daughter reboot her winxp machine.

damn.

I'll go ahead and use etheral to capture the dhcpd stuff tomorrow.  When
my daughter won't be around to know I've been messing with her machine!
<grumble>stupid little kids.  Wish I didn't love 'em so damn
much</grumble>

thanks,
mark