[Samba] Password when connecting

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Mon Mar 31 02:38:58 GMT 2003

Look into smbpasswd -a

Or man smbpasswd

Should be all you need.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Ronk [mailto:bronk at bookmasters.com]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 3:05 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] Password when connecting

I just got Samba up and running on my RH 7.2 machine (installed
from source) and can finally see it.  The problem is that it's asking
for a password to access the computer.  I thought I commented out
all the parts pertaining to passwords, but I must have commented
something I should have, or missed one.  What I am trying to access
is a public r/w share.  Can someone give me a hint.  Thanks.

Brian Ronk