[Samba] smbpasswd and shadow passwords

Allen Smith drist_db at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:11:20 GMT 2003

Hi everyone, I'm still debuging my installation of samba.  in
/textdocs/DIAGNOSIS.txt under test 7, it suggested that

- you have shadow passords (or some other password system) but didn't
compile in support for them in smbd

How do I check if my shadow passwords isn't compiled in support for them in
smbd, if they are not, how do I go about compiling them?

- you enabled password encryption but didn't create the SMB encrypted
password file

Again how do I check for this and how do I create the SMB encrypted password
file?  If it's talking about the /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd file, then I
have it.  is this all I need or is there something else I'm missing?

Thank you.