[Samba] Samba 3.0alpha22 machine password usage

S.D.Chandler sean.chandler at verizon.net
Fri Mar 28 16:38:10 GMT 2003

Hello, I have installed the latest alpha of samba 3.0. I
Have nearly all of the Active Directory queries working after
joining the domain and running kinit.  My question for
you is this.  How is it intended for a linux machine to stay
joined to an Active Directory domain indefinately?  By this
I mean, how come kerberos tickets expire so quickly and are
not renewed automatically?  Is there some service I am not
runner that does this for me?  Do the smbd and winbindd
services use machine passwords?  Basically I want to run AD
queries about users and groups and the like.  How is staying
joined to the domain help me do this and what am I doing wrong?

-s