[Samba] who to copy a registry file between users?

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Fri Mar 28 16:43:33 GMT 2003

Ricardo,

	Do you think that it is possible to export that registry entry
and then add a line or two to a new users login.bat file that will
import that registry entry into their profile? I am far from an expert
with the Windows registry, but I do believe that there is a command line
application that will import registry entries and with the right flag,
it will take care of the prompts.

	At the very worst, I think that you would have to give the new
user instructions to click on the "yes" button, once the exported
registry is run.

	You could work the user's login.bat script to be automatically
changed to a script that no longer contains that registry import line,
or you could make sure that you manually edit that line out after
creating the user account.

	I believe that will "fix" your issue.

	Beyond that, I would definitely like to know any other ideas on
working through this issue.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer