[Samba] Re: hide files problem

Marco De Vitis starless at supereva.it
Fri Mar 28 14:38:11 GMT 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:48:18 +0100, gnu_is_not_unix at wp.pl wrote:

>         hide dot files = yes

This is the default, so you don't need to specify it.

>         hide files = /.*

This is the same as the previous option, so it only adds some useless
overhead. And, judging on the man smb.conf examples, I suppose it should
be:

hide files = /.*/

>         veto files = /.*

This is the same as before, with the only difference that the invisible
files are also not accessible.

> When user changes options in folder options to show hide files
> and folders, he can see all files/folders beginning with "."

This is a normal behaviour for hidden files on Windows. And also on
Linux, after all: a "ls -a" shows everything. You cannot make a file
_totally_ invisible.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.