[Samba] XP and Excel with Samba 2.2.7a

rberghmans at arafox.com rberghmans at arafox.com
Fri Mar 28 08:07:01 GMT 2003

Hi,

I've a strange problem, when a user create a xls file on the server, he can
save without any problem. But when he re-open and change the file and save it,
windows tell : 'the file as been saved, but it cannot re-open due to a sharing
violation'

On the Linux file server, the permission for this file are not good (
after the second step : re-open, make a change and save): -r--rwx--- (and
before -rw-rwx---)

I've called the Microsoft support to obtain the q328170 patch referenced on
Microsoft site : http://support.microsoft.com/?id=328170
I've applied this patch but the problem still occur.

On the samba side, I've disable all thing in relation with oplocks but the
still occur.

Is any body already expiremented the same problem ?

Thank you for your help !

Raphaeël