[Samba] Can't join domain "wrong password"

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Mar 27 16:04:08 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 21:29, Greg Miller wrote:
> Guest account meaning an account named guest added to the smbpasswd?
> Yes I have.  It is not assigned a password.  Should it have one?
I don't think it needs a password - you just need to tell samba to use
that user as the guest user

guest account =
should be something like
guest account = nobody

> Could you explain "you have some unusual valid users statements..."?

valid users = @family

valid users = %S (I don't know off hand what that does...)

i find it hard to read the output of testparm (too much to sift through)

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>