[Samba] W2K DC as password server

Bonasera, James D james.d.bonasera at lmco.com
Thu Mar 27 13:50:36 GMT 2003

All,

I have recently begun a migration form NT 4.0 DCs to W2K DCs. Users have a
home folder defined on Windows that lives on a samba server that now maps
inconsistently when using the W2K server as the password server. Everything
works as expected when I use an NT BDC as the password server.

We have been using this configuration for a couple of years, upgrading samba
several times, but have only seen this problem when using a W2K DC.
Additionally, the problem does not occur during off-hours testing.

I plan to test security = domain to see if it resolves this problem but was
wondering if anyone has an explanation.

Solaris 2.9
Samba 2.2.3a
W2K Professional clients