[Samba] I see my samba server but.............

Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com
Mon Mar 24 20:10:54 GMT 2003

Here I go guys!

I've already changed the configuration of my sbm.conf, also I made my samba
server to be configured as a windows domain, yes! it is found in my windows
domain now but as doing double click on this machine (samba) it asks me for
a user and passsword, it does not let me get into it, I have created the
same samba users as windows, but without any results.
I appreciate your help :

(See attached file: samba1.jpg)

And my samba config files is:

|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|                                                                               |
| # Samba config file created using SWAT                                        |
| # from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)                                                      |
| # Date: 2003/03/24 13:54:09                                                   |
|                                                                               |
| # Global parameters                                                           |
| [global]                                                                      |
|           workgroup = COTY                                                    |
|           netbios name = MXLINUX                                              |
|           netbios aliases = cotylinux                                         |
|           server string = Samba Server %v                                     |
|           interfaces = 10.19.2.10/255.255.255.255                             |
|           encrypt passwords = Yes                                             |
|           update encrypted = Yes                                              |
|           username map = /etc/samba/user.map                                  |
|           log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m                                    |
|           max log size = 50                                                   |
|           socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192          |
|           printcap name = lpstat                                              |
|           logon script = logon.cmd                                            |
|           domain logons = Yes                                                 |
|           os level = 64                                                       |
|           domain master = True                                                |
|           dns proxy = No                                                      |
|           wins server = 10.19.0.23                                            |
|           default service = homes                                             |
|           remote announce = 10.19.1.90/coty                                   |
|           comment = Pruebas                                                   |
|           path = /home/test                                                   |
|           username = administrator,administrator$,lap_admin                   |
|           guest account = administrator                                       |
|           valid users = administrator,administrator$,lap_admin, at administrator,|
| @lap_admin, at machines                                                          |
|           admin users = administrator                                         |
|           force user = administrator                                          |
|           force group = unix01                                                |
|           read only = No                                                      |
|           create mask = 0777                                                  |
|           force create mode = 0777                                            |
|           directory mask = 0777                                               |
|           force directory mode = 0777                                         |
|           guest ok = Yes                                                      |
|           only user = Yes                                                     |
|           printing = cups                                                     |
|           printer name = contra                                               |
|           delete readonly = Yes                                               |
|                                                                               |
| [homes]                                                                       |
|           comment = Home Directories                                          |
|           path = /home/dir                                                    |
|           only user = No                                                      |
|                                                                               |
| [printers]                                                                    |
|           comment = All Printers                                              |
|           path = /var/spool/samba                                             |
|           read only = Yes                                                     |
|           create mask = 0700                                                  |
|           printable = Yes                                                     |
|           print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side   |
| printer drivers.                                                              |
|           browseable = No                                                     |
|                                                                               |
| [print$]                                                                      |
|           path = /var/lib/samba/printers                                      |
|           write list = @adm root                                              |
|           read only = Yes                                                     |
|                                                                               |
| [pdf-generator]                                                               |
|           comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)                          |
|           path = /var/tmp                                                     |
|           guest ok = No                                                       |
|           printable = Yes                                                     |
|           print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u           |
| \\\\\\\\%L\\\\%u %m %I &                                                      |
|                                                                               |
| [netlogon]                                                                    |
|                                                                               |
|                                                                               |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Muchas Gracias

Manuel Casoluengo Villanueva
Network Administrator Mexico
Coty Inc.
Office:  +011525-54494260
fax:       +011525-54494249
Email: manuel_casoluengo at cotyinc.com

This message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
distribution or copying of the information contained in this message is
strictly unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from
your system.  Opinions, conclusions, or other statements in this message
which do not relate to the business of Coty Inc., its subsidiaries or
affiliates, are neither given nor endorsed by Coty Inc.