[Samba] Error connecting from an W2K.

TURPIN, SERGE serge.turpin at cgi.com
Wed Mar 26 13:14:29 GMT 2003

Guys,

I quick question for the expert.

I run samba server 2.2.3a on a HP 11i Unix server.
All connectivity testing between the samba server and the workstation seems
to working fine.
The problem is when I try to connect to the samba server from a W2K machine
on the same workgroup, not on the same subnet network.
I receive this following error when invoking the
Net view \\tivlab22\pub command
System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied

I also received the following error when invoking a net use command.
The account is not authorized to log in from this workstation.

Some tips from you guys will be very appreciated.

Regards
Serge Turpin
CGI // GIT Services

Office: (514) 878-8700  ext:4732
Fax : (514) 393-0123
Cellular : (514) 233-1073
Pager : (514) 741-0625

<<U.S. Sept 11th, 2001 ** The Wall Of Hope **>>