[Samba] internet very slow on clients

balaji subramanian sbalaji251 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 21:38:53 GMT 2003

 Hello,

  I recently upgraded samba from 2.2.0 to 2.2.7a on a
Redhat Linux 7.0 machine (PDC). A problem that we have
been having is that internet in general is extremely
slow on client machines when users log in to the
domain. It takes a minute or two to open a new page
following a link. It doesn't open huge pdf files. But
all this was possible if users logged in locally and
not through the domain. Any thoughts ? Please help

 Thanks,
 Bally.