[Samba] Using ACLs

Jim Wharton jwharton at acpafl.org
Tue Mar 25 17:38:02 GMT 2003

I am trying to change some ACLs on some files and directories. I have samba
binaries with acl support compiled in. I am using an XFS filesystem. The
Mandrake kernel supports acls by default.

When I right click on the file in Windows explorer and change the
permissions, I get an access denied error. If I use smbcacls, I get the
following:

[root at luna tmp]# smbcacls //luna/tmp test.txt -U jim -A FULL
Password:
Failed to parse security descriptor

I have tried other passwords but I get:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I am using samba 2.2.7-6mdk binaries with ldap.

Jim

OutBound Mail Scanned by Mcafee Web Appliance.