[Samba] Re: Can't reach Samba shares from Win XP Pro

Srinivas Murty srinivas.murty at verizon.net
Tue Mar 25 13:25:10 GMT 2003

;	valid users = %S
	create mode = 0664
;	directory mode = 0775
	directory mask = 0775

[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = yes
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
    ;guest ok = yes
    ;writable = yes
    ;printable = yes
	print ok = yes

# This one is useful for people to share files
[tmp]
    ;comment = Temporary file space
    ;path = /tmp
    ;read only = no
    ;public = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "staff" group
;[public]
;   comment = Public Stuff
;   path = /home/samba
;   public = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no
;   write list = @staff

# Other examples.
#
# A private printer, usable only by fred. Spool data will be placed in
fred's
# home directory. Note that fred must have write access to the spool
directory,
# wherever it is.
;[fredsprn]
;   comment = Fred's Printer
;   valid users = fred
;   path = /home/fred
;   printer = freds_printer
;   public = no
;   writable = no
;   printable = yes

# A private directory, usable only by fred. Note that fred requires write
# access to the directory.
;[fredsdir]
;   comment = Fred's Service
;   path = /usr/somewhere/private
;   valid users = fred
;   public = no
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no

# a service which has a different directory for each machine that connects
# this allows you to tailor configurations to incoming machines. You could
# also use the %U option to tailor it by user name.
# The %m gets replaced with the machine name that is connecting.
;[pchome]
;  comment = PC Directories
;  path = /usr/local/pc/%m
;  public = no
;  writable = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, read/write to all users. Note that
all files
# created in the directory by users will be owned by the default user, so
# any user with access can delete any other user's files. Obviously this
# directory must be writable by the default user. Another user could of
course
# be specified, in which case all files would be owned by that user instead.
;[public]
;   path = /usr/somewhere/else/public
;   public = yes
;   only guest = yes
;   writable = yes
;   printable = no

# The following two entries demonstrate how to share a directory so that two
# users can place files there that will be owned by the specific users.
In this
# setup, the directory should be writable by both users and should have the
# sticky bit set on it to prevent abuse. Obviously this could be extended to
# as many users as required.
;[myshare]
;   comment = Mary's and Fred's stuff
;   path = /usr/somewhere/shared