[Samba] Can't join domain "wrong password"

Greg Miller gmiller at eccbm.com
Tue Mar 25 03:48:25 GMT 2003

Hey all I've been running samba 2.7a on my redhat 7.3 server with winxp
clients for a while now with no problems.  Well I decided to throw
redhat 8.0 on a system at home as a test bed.  Well I've configured it
the same added my users applied the sign or seal patch but when I go to
join the domain it gives me an error saying that the password is wrong
(using root and it's pw).  I know it's not wrong because I can log into
swat fine.  Any input would be appreciated.  All clients are winxp pro.
Below is my samba.conf: