[Samba] Network Neighborhood

richard rcoates at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 25 02:27:19 GMT 2003

we have Samba running months on end...the only issue I have is samba
restart/stop scripts don't kill nmbd (on redhat based linux anyway).
have you tried...smbclient -L sambabox  ?
it should show..looking up name on itself..(wins lookup)
output should show browse list...workgroup name ..and current Browse
Master. You could try this when things are working...and later when they
fail.
Your log below says W98 box is becomming Browse Master ?
you don't have NETBEUI configured on w98 boxes do you ??!!
regards,
Richard Coates.
ps: have you gone through "diagnosis.txt" ?