[Samba] Viewing ACL's

Matthew Burgoon samba at schwartz.shutdown.com
Tue Mar 25 01:50:03 GMT 2003

As I said in my previous (unanswered but think I got it figured out)
question, I'm transitioning my 3 NT domains to a single samba server,
and currently the NT group stuff is a bloody mess, and just want to
redo it, and the best way for me to do this is to figure out what groups
are being used, and who are members of those groups, blah blah blah. The
latter is fairly easy, but I'm not coming up with a good way of finding
out what groups are currently being used, or what the various ACL's are.
Does anyone know of any way to traverse an SMB share, or local NTFS
filesystem and basically do a dump of all of the ACL's of the various
files? Or am I just hoping for too much? I thought smbcacls could
possibly do it, but it doesn't seem to have a 'list ACL' option.