[Samba] Mounting a Windows Share

Eisenstein, Doug Doug.Eisenstein at FMR.COM
Mon Mar 24 18:11:16 GMT 2003

Hello,

I have Red Hat Linux 8.0 with samba and winbind running. When I attempt to
create a mount to my windows file server the mount succeeds and I can access
my files and folders. Although when I login as a separate user account and
attempt to change the permissions using chmod or chown to any of the files I
receive a message stating

Chmod: changing permissions of 'root' (requested: 0777, actual: 0755):
Operation not permitted

Any way I can change the file or folder permissions on this mount?

Douglas Eisenstein