[Samba] oplock problems with samba 2.2.7a

Gurugunti, Mahesh MGurugunti at us.nomura.com
Mon Mar 24 16:26:06 GMT 2003

Hi ,

Before I copy and paste the oplock message(s), here is the setup I have.

I have samba server (on Solaris 2.8)  which shares out the NFS mounted
directories to the windows world.

All was working fine till today morning when users complained of extreme
slow performance , looks like there is problems with oplocks accessing some
files.

Below is the snippet to the error log.

[2003/03/24 10:26:59, 0] smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(796)
  oplock_break: receive_smb timed out after 30 seconds.
  oplock_break failed for file alt-a/fnma_delivery/April
Securitization/Timeline.xls (dev = 3a8103f, inode = 133837, file_id = 159).
[2003/03/24 10:26:59, 0] smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(868)
  oplock_break: client failure in oplock break in file
alt-a/fnma_delivery/April Securitization/Timeline.xls

Any ideas to overcome the above problems?? any known issue or patch
suggestions.

I appreciate all inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Mahesh

-----  This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain
you receive this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your
system, destroy any hard copies and notify the sender. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part
of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Nomura Holding
America Inc., Nomura Securities International, Inc, and their respective
subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications
through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the
individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender
is authorized to state the views of such entity. Unless otherwise stated,
any pricing information in this message is indicative only, is subject to
change and does not constitute an offer to deal at any price quoted. Any
reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.