[Samba] socket error - add smb server to win2k domain

Lorinc Hever lhever at geomant.com
Mon Mar 24 14:10:41 GMT 2003

Hello!

I faced with the following error message when I try to add a Unixware (2.1.2
i386 x86at) to windows 2000 domain (I have already added the computer to the
domain), samba version 2.2.8:

dab> smbpasswd -r CCS -j GEOMANT -U lhever -s
Password:
write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Socket operation on non-socket
write_socket: Error writing 72 bytes to socket 0: ERRNO = Socket operation
on non-socket
Error writing 72 bytes to client. -1 (Socket operation on non-socket)
Error connecting to CCS
Unable to join domain GEOMANT.

where lhever is domain admin, and I' ve also tried the GEOMANT\\lhever and
such kind of naming conventions.

No information found in the log files related to this problem :((

Have anybody faced with the same problem?

Thank you for your help.

Best regard,
Lorinc Hever

ps. please cc lhever at geomant.com e-mail address.