[Samba] Help me

Subramanian S subramanians_80 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Mar 24 10:42:15 GMT 2003

Dear friends,

I am currently involved in a project of my own. the project is in relation to the Samba integration with a LDAP server like Novell eDirectory, OpenLDAP etc,.

I learnt a lot of stuff regarding Samba and LDAP servers. I tried compiling the Samba source code with the LDAP support "--with-ldap" & "--with-ldapsam". After compiling and installing I was expecting an option in the "smb.conf" file where I can specify the attributes related to the LDAP server (like IP address of the LDAP server, the kind of communication channel they establish (encrypted or not)).

But Iam not able to see any such option in the smb.conf file. If this is not the case then should I need to manually edit the smb.conf to include those attributes.

Is there anything wrong with the procedure I followed, or did I left out anything.

(System and software spec: I am using the latest Samba source code (latest.tar.gz), Iam using RedHat Linux 8.0.)

Kindly help me in this regard.

Regards

Subramanian S.