[Samba] XP can see Linux but Win98 can't

richard rcoates at bigpond.net.au
Sun Mar 23 08:45:30 GMT 2003

Hi Caleb, I doubt you need "remote announce" param. I see samba server
is also a wins server..are w98 clients configured to use it? Are they
set to the workgroup "WORKGROUP" ? Test network connectivity...ping from
one to another ok?
See "diagnosis.txt" for an excellent step by step test procedure to
follow. post results ..regards,
Richard Coates.