[Samba] Ext3fs/ReiserFS Performance Enhancing

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Fri Mar 21 17:33:49 GMT 2003

Have you tried using a different switch, or connecting through a hub
temporarily to test it?

Also, what NIC are you using and what module are yo loading for that NIC?

Also, what are the results if you test your hard drive speed on the Linux
box? (As root, run 'hdparm -tT /dev/hda', substitute hda for whatever your
hard drive actually is.)  Also, how fast can you copy a 10 or 20 MB file
on the same system. (without copying over the network).

Can use use ftp to transfer the files and see if you get the same results?