[Samba] Shares and user access?

Admir admir at kuub3.nl
Fri Mar 21 11:54:25 GMT 2003

I am running samba server on a debian. I am also totally new to Linux.

My problem is: I have a user home folders on a server but I don't have
the access to those maps and I need to access them from time to time.
Like now I have a virus in those shares and when I try to scan the maps
I get the msg. from ant virus software "Unable to repair/ no access to
the file.

What shell I do? Pls. help me out?

I heard that I can change user access rights in the smb.conf file. I was
wondering would,t be easier just to create a account on samba server
that has all the access via network? If it is pls. let me know how to do
this cos I am really new to Linux and samba.

Greetings,

Admir