[Samba] Compiling pam_winbind on Solaris 8

Chris Hanrahan chanrahan at comcast.net
Fri Mar 21 03:45:35 GMT 2003

Greetings,

I am trying to compile pam_winbind.so under Solaris 8.  I have the source for samba 2.2.8 on the server.  When I issue a make nsswitch/pam_winbind.so, I receive many compiler warnings, such as:

Compiling nsswitch/pam_winbind.c with -fPIC
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `converse':
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:72: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from incompa
tible pointer type
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:75: warning: passing arg 2 of pointer to function from in
compatible pointer type
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `_make_remark':
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:90: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
target type
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `_winbind_read_password':
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:265: warning: passing arg 3 of `pam_get_item' from incomp
atible pointer type
nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:298: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer
 target type

Am I missing a package that is necessary under Solaris ?  The pam_winbind.so is created anyway, but I am not sure that it will work correctly due to the warnings that I received.  Has anyone encountered and solved this problem ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Chris Hanrahan