[Samba] Samba print command only works on restart, help!

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri Mar 21 01:34:50 GMT 2003

Just guessing here:

During startup, the path available to the shell environment is fairly
limited. This will sometimes cause file not found errors during bootup.
Maybe something weird is happening because of a path problem.

Is the samba script being started in the right sequence?  You might try
adding the startup command to run last in the boot sequence. You could
put it into /etc/rc.d/rc.local or its equivalent.

You might just replace the current startup script with:

killall smbd
killall nmbd
smbd -D
nmbd -D
You will need the complete path for the daemons, likely.

Joel