[Samba] It takes 35 seconds to run a command adduser when winbindd is running

Lynn windwalker_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 22:13:05 GMT 2003

Dear Sir/Ms.:

      I am running samba 2.2.8 and Winbindd, and the "wbinfo -u", "wbinfo -g", "getent passwd", and "getent group" all work correctly. The problem I have is this: If I issue a command "useradd jeff" on a Linux machine, it takes 35 seconds to add a user. If I stop winbindd, the command useradd  will add a user immediately. This problem also applied to the groupadd and groupdel command.

Question: Is there anyway that I could use the useradd command to add a user quickly while Winbindd is running ?

Thank you for your help.

Linh