[Samba] How do I upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.8

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Mar 20 16:47:19 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 09:25, Mark.Roth at mylanlabs.com wrote:
> Samba List Serve Users:
> Is there a document or web link that follow that describes the steps to
> upgrade Samba from 2.2.5 to 2.2.8?  The documentation on samba.org the I
> have read assumes that the install is a fresh install and not an upgrade.
> Thanks so much,
> Mark Roth
> Systems Engineer
> Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
> (304) 598-5430 x6864
I'm not aware of such a document...
If you're using a system that handles packages (ie most linux
distributions) then you should be able to just install the new packages.

if you must install from source - (management nightmare IMHO)
then you can remove the old samba stuff, keeping the conf file and your
tdb files safe.  Then after you install the new samba (and before you
start it) put the conf file and tdb files where the new samba will
expect them (depends on the options you pass to configure...)

best wishes!

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>