[Samba] disabling swat during compile

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Thu Mar 20 02:57:59 GMT 2003

On 20 Mar 2003 at 0:09, John H Terpstra wrote:

> SWAT is enabled only through /etc/inetd.conf or /etc/inet.d/swat. So just make
> sure it is disabled.
Hmm, there is no way to not have it installed at all then? Ideally I don't
want it just sitting there taking up space if I'm never going to use it and
it's just one other application to be concerned about from a security pov. I
typically remove unused stuff or just don't install it period.

Or failing that, a make uninstallswat command or some such?

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting